Last updated April 2nd, 2019
What You'll Learn 🧠
- What Voiceflow's most-asked questions are
- Solutions to these common questions
➤ HOW DO I (OR OTHERS) ACTIVATE MY SKILL? 🤔
- People will be able to invoke your skill by it's invocation name or phrases.
- You can change the invocation name and it's phrases within the 'Publish' tab on your canvas.
- The invocation phrases should be formatted as such: "Alexa, <start/launch/open/ask> [invocation name]"
- The text in the 'Invocation Name' text bar must be the SAME as the [invocation name] within the invocation phrases.
➤ CAN MY INVOCATION PHRASE BE IN A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH? 🤔
- Yes. As long as your skill's selected locale is equivalent to the language being used in the invocation phrase (i.e. an Italian invocation phrase can be used with an Italian skill locale).
- To find example phrases which you can use for each locale, head to this link and select the locale you wish to use.
- You can select/change your skill's locale(s) within the 'Publish' tab on our canvas.
➤ ARE THERE RULES TO INVOCATION NAMES? 🤔
- The rules for each locale can be found here.
➤ HOW DO I TEST MY SKILL?
- You can test your your skill with,
- Voiceflow Test Tool
- Amazon Developer Console / device
➤ CAN ANYONE INVOKE MY SKILL? 🤔
- When your skill is live (passed certification) ⏤ yes.
- When your skill is in review (for certification) ⏤ no.
- When your skill is in development ⏤ no.
- This means that you can make all the changes you want and test the skill on any device linked with your Amazon Developer Account.
➤ CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY SKILL WHILE IT'S IN REVIEW? 🤔
- You must withdraw your skill from submission and resubmit.
➤ CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY LIVE SKILL? 🤔
- You can find more information on live-version editing here.