Last updated March 19th, 2019
What You'll Learn 🧠
- How to deploy your Google Assistant project to the Google Actions platform.
- How long you'll have to wait for Alpha, Beta, and Production results.
Note: The steps in this article assume you already have a Voiceflow project linked to the Google Assistant platform. See Uploading Your Project to Google Assistant if you haven't already linked your project.
Step 1 ➤ Fill in Your Project Directory Information
- Enter the 'Publish' tab on Voiceflow
- Click on your project's Google ID in the drop-down, this will direct you to the Google Actions console
- On the Google Actions console, give your skill an invocation name (if you haven't already)
- To do this, navigate to the [Invocation] tab in the left menu
- On the invocation page, enter a valid invocation name for your action
- Navigate to the [Deploy] section on the left menu and click on [Directory Information]
- Fill out all the required fields in the form
- Click [SAVE]
- If you have multiple locales selected, you can switch between them using the top bar.
- In the Privacy and Consent section, you can use Voiceflow's generated links in the 'Publish' page if you do not have your own.
Step 2 ➤ Deploying to an Environment
- After filling out all the required fields, select the [Release] tab from the left menu.
- You should now see options to deploy to Alpha, Beta, and Production. Select the environment you would like to deploy to.
- Deploying to Production and Beta will require a review by Google, which typically takes between 1-3 business days.
- Your pending deploy should now be listed in the 'Current Versions' section, as well as all previous versions in the 'Previous Versions' Section.
- These versions correspond to the version selector in the Google Actions simulator.
- To re-visit and test a previous version, simply click [CHANGE VERSION] and select it from the drop-down in the simulator tool.
Step 3 ➤ Wait For Your Results
- Google generally takes a few days to approve or deny a skill for deployment.
- If you submitted your project to Alpha, a review will not be required and changes should be reflected within a few hours.
Still have questions? Be sure to post in our Forums to get fast answers!